As 2018 drws to an end, around 82% of web pages are served over secure https protocol.
If your website is in the other 18%, you really need to understand why and how to secure your website.
The official Google Webmasters blog includes a series of videos for websters, and the Novermber 2018 video was dedicated to HTTPS migrations, and is well worth a watch.
- What HTTPS encryption is, and why it is important to protect your visitors and yourself,
- How HTTPS enables a more modern web,
- What are the usual complaints about HTTPS, and are they still true today?
- “But HTTPS certificates cost so much money!”
- “But switching to HTTPS will destroy my SEO!”
- “But “mixed content” is such a headache!”
- “But my ad revenue will get destroyed!”
- “But HTTPS is sooooo sloooow!”
- Some practical advice to run the migration.